Hard Coat Aluminum Anodizing Services
At Greystone, we take pride in being a leading authority in the world of aluminum anodizing. With our state-of-the-art facilities in Rhode Island and Virginia, we specialize in providing high-volume, high- precision hard coat aluminum anodizing solutions. Our services cater to a diverse range of aluminum alloys, including castings and extrusions.
Type II Anodizing and Type III Hard Coat Anodizing
As experts in the field, we excel in two primary processes: Type II Anodizing and Type III Hard Coat Anodizing. We tailor these processes to meet distinct industry needs, offering unrivaled performance and longevity. Greystone has vast experience with difficult geometries and depositing high thicknesses.
Type II Anodizing:
Our type II anodizing process protects components from harsh environments, while also providing corrosion resistance and aesthetically pleasing appearances.
Type III Hard Coat Anodizing:
For applications needing superior wear resistance and durability, our Type III Hard Coat Anodizing process shines. It's the go-to choice for critical wear requirements and can be designed to a higher thickness.
ASTM B580, MIL-A-8625, AMS 2469, AMS 2482, GMW14665 and more
- Laser Marking
- Precision Masking for Selective Anodizing
- Eddy Current Thickness
- Salt Spray per ASTM B117
Anodizing is an electrochemical process that significantly improves the surface properties of aluminum, making it more durable, corrosion-resistant, and aesthetically appealing. It involves immersing aluminum parts in an electrolyte bath and passing an electric current through them. This results in the formation of an oxide layer on the aluminum's surface, known as an anodic oxide coating.
Benefits of Anodizing
- Durability & Wear Resistance: The anodic oxide layer significantly improves the hardness and wear resistance of aluminum, making it suitable for critical wear applications. Type III Hard Coat Anodize is best here.
- Corrosion Resistance: Anodized surfaces are highly resistant to corrosion, even when exposed to harsh chemicals or outdoor elements. This ensures the longevity of your components in challenging environments.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Anodizing offers a range of color options, making it possible to achieve the desired appearance.
- Electrical Insulation: Anodized aluminum serves as an effective electrical insulator, preventing electrical conductivity that might be problematic in certain applications.
- Environmentally Friendly: Anodizing is an environmentally friendly process, producing minimal waste and emissions compared to alternative surface treatments.
- IATF 16949
- ISO 13845
- ISO 9001
- FAA Repair Station
Contact Us for Your Anodizing Needs
When it comes to anodizing, Greystone is your trusted partner for precision, quality, and reliability. We are vertically integrated for multiple applications, offering superior quality, large production capabilities, and expedited turnaround times. Our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction ensures that your components receive the highest level of care and expertise.
Let us help you achieve the durability and performance your projects demand.